Friday, February 6, 2009

Friday...Why do I bother!

Oh, it's another one of those "Why do I bother?" days.  Why do I bother trying to keep my kids germs free by dousing them in hand sanitizer and making them wash their hands 500 times during the day if some little bugger is just going to sneeze or cough in their face.  Well, to the Mommy of the little bugger (or shall I say "booger") who sneezed right in my girlie's face (and did not cover his mouth or wash his hands), thank bunches.  Its been fun.  I could not think of a better way to spend my time then watching those little germs make their way into my daughter and seeing her slow downfall into days full of fevers and hacking coughs.  And because she never does anything without her sisters, they have joined her...all three little ones wrapped up in blankets, sneezing, sweating, coughing and crying....oh, happy days!  So, here is a little letter I would send you if I knew your address:

Dear Parent who brought your sick child out in public,

Why would you do such a thing?  Does your child really have to leave the house if he has a 1) dripping, runny nose, 2) fever, 3) hacking cough?  Instead, you decided to ignore it and bring your child out anyway.  I did my part and tried to keep my kids safe by making sure they didn't touch things and ifthey did, by having them wash their hands after, but you seem to have failed to teach your child this lesson.  Your little guy sneezed right in my daughter's face, used his sleeve to wipe his nose and then proceeded to play with his newly soiled shirt sleeve while you quietly sipped your coffee.  We are talking a huge, disgusting sneeze that threw thousands of germs right in my girlie's face.  

It is currently 4:30 am and I have officially been awake for two hours.  As if being up since 2:30 is not bad enough, I didn't go to bed until 12.  Why you ask?  Because I have a hard time sleeping when there is a orchestra of hacking coughs playing through the night. 

All I can think about is how hard it must have been for you to take care of your sick child and why, why, why you would want to make another mother go through the same thing.  Do me a favor, honey.  Next time your little guy is sick, KEEP HIM HOME...oh, and teach him how to cover his mouth when he sneezes...and how to use a tissue - not a sleeve...come on!

Thanks!  An exhausted mother!

0 comments: